Home » Posts tagged 'Prevention'
Tag Archives: Prevention
Adapted from MdLinx
Improving the rates of hand-washing at airports could significantly reduce the spread of many infectious diseases such as the Flu and other viruses including the corona virus.
The study, which is based on epidemiological modeling and simulations, the team estimates that on average, only about 20% of people in airports have clean hands ( washed with soap and water, for at least 15 seconds, within the last hour), which leaves the other 80% are potentially contaminated. Improving that to 60% can slow global disease spread by almost 70%! The CDC and the WHO both indicate that hand hygiene is the most efficient and cost-effective way to control disease propagation. For any given disease outbreak, the authors said, identifying the closest 10 airports with the highest impact and focusing hand-washing education at them would be the most effective way of limiting the disease spread.
There is more to say about hands than hand surgery…
Here is the full reference: Hand‐Hygiene Mitigation Strategies Against Global Disease Spreading through the Air Transportation Network